Privacy Collection – Motorcycles
Our identity and contact details
Honda Australia Motorcycle and Power Equipment Pty. Ltd. (ACN 006 662 862)
Level 4, 6 Gladstone St, Moonee Ponds, Victoria, 3039
Facts and circumstances of collection
Your personal information is collected from:
- you when you give us your personal information;
- your authorised representatives;
- Honda dealers when you give them your personal information, including when you enquire about or purchase a new Honda motorcycle, accessories or parts, register for warranty, or service your Honda products; and
- our service providers that assist in the operation of our business.
If the collection is required or authorised by law
Our collection may be required or authorised by law if we collect your personal information for the purpose of conducting a safety recall.
Purposes of collection
The purposes for which we collect your personal information depends on the specific collection. For example:
- if you submit an enquiry or a request to us, including to download a brochure or request a quote, or through the ‘Contact Us’ form, our Call Centre or a tradeshow, we collect personal information to respond to your enquiry or request;
- if you subscribe to Honda electronic newsletters or opt in to receive our marketing communications, we collect personal information to send you information about Honda products, services, promotions, surveys, test rides and events, and, if you own a Honda motorcycle, motorcycle servicing;
- if you book a test ride or test drive, we collect personal information to arrange your test ride or test drive, and in relation to motorcycle incidents that may occur during your test ride or test drive;
- if you enter one of our competitions, we collect personal information to manage your entry into the competition and for other associated uses, including those set out in the competition terms and conditions;
- if you purchase a new Honda motorcycle, we collect personal information to manage your purchase and for matters that relate to your ownership of the motorcycle, including to send safety recall notifications;
- if you arrange a safety recall, we collect personal information to manage your safety recall;
- if you complete a survey, we collect personal information to resolve your concerns, improve the Honda customer experience, and for marketing or promoting Honda, internal analytics, reporting and training purposes;
- if you provide your driver licence, we collect that to verify your identity, and, in the case of a test drive, manage any motorcycle incidents;
- if you work for a Honda dealer and provide your details as part of personnel registration with Honda, we collect personal information to manage your access to Honda’s systems; and
- if you apply to work at Honda, we collect personal information to manage your application and the recruitment process.
Main consequences of not collecting personal information
If we do not collect any personal information requested, we may not be able to fulfil the purposes of the collection set out above.
Third parties we usually disclose personal information to
We may disclose your personal information to Honda dealers, service providers who assist in the operation of our business and other third parties for the purposes for which we have collected it, including:
- if you subscribe to eNews or opt in to receive our marketing communications, our marketing agency;
- if you enter into one of our competitions, prize providers and trade promotion authorities;
- if you purchase a new Honda motorcycle, regulatory authorities, and third parties assisting with safety recalls;
- if you are involved in a motorcycle incidents during a test ride or test drive, our insurance provider/s, emergency responders and, where applicable, third parties involved in parking, toll and road traffic infringements; and
- if you participate in our events, insurance providers.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
Likely overseas disclosures
We are unlikely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients in the ordinary course of business.